[SOLVED] Difficulty With Minecraft Server

This is another “cant create a Minecraft server” post … I hope someone is in a position to assist. The server works on my computer but not on his.

Our computers are wired via Ethernet cable directly to ASUS RT–AC86U router. His IP address local to the US is 192.168.50.166.

The port forwarding settings are:

Service Name Minecraft Source IP: (blank) Port Range Local IP: 192.168.50.166 Local Port: 25565 TCP: BOTH

If he is running Minecraft on his personal computer and directly connects to 192.168.50.166 the connection is established. However, if he enters the external IP (obtained from the “Network Map” page of the router settings) it will give the error:

Failed to connect to the server io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information

I’m getting the same error message from Minecraft when I try to connect to 192.168.50.166 from my personal computer.
Fun Gallery

But here’s the kicker … Everything works when I run the server on my personal computer (192.168.50.48), and change the Local IP port forward settings in line with the settings. I can connect to the Minecraft server with either my local IP, or an external IP.